Saturday, July 10, 2010

Football crazy......................


Tis not to be ...not this time........my blind faith has been shattered..Having been connected to a lover of all things football for the past twenty eight years (He only hung up his boots lat the end of last season at the tender age of fiftyone)and also having two sons who have both played for many years.I know football.I can talk football and I love the beautiful game.(Spain v Germany to mention just one).But this world cup has been hugely disappointing and my faith deserted me the moment Capello brought on Emile Heskey and left Peter Crouch on the bench...........................and we lost......... to Germany..................

I found this  book at acar boot recently called Boots,Balls and Haircuts by Hunter Davies which is full of amazing photos and charts football through the ages.
Can you imagine playing with these boots and heading this heavy leather ball which got heavier and heavier with the rain.........now that would sort the men from the boys.

No comments: