Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Sorrow...

My lovely friend Cheryl gave me a matching pair of side plates and a cup and saucer in this design(Royal Grafton) for my landmark birthday last year.Today was sale day at the auction rooms and I had spotted six dinner plates in this design and some really pretty daffodil side plates all with my name on!! So this morning I waded through snowdrifts and blizzards to get there only to find that the pace was slow so I calculated how much time I would have and popped out to buy a flask for my youngest son who is presently earning money erecting an ice rink for the BBC in Leeds and is developing frostbite on a daily basis.In my absence The auctioneer must have gone into overdrive as when I came back I had missed my lot no 198 and he had hurtled on to lot no 202.Oh the pain! Which then turned to abject sorrow and a broken heart when I discovered the whole lot went for two pounds!Yes two pounds!I couldn't speak and it's been eating away at me all day.Lesson learned if your lot numbers are well apart leave a bid.I did manage to acquire another chair. A rather pretty duck egg blue child's wicker chair for £2 which was a small compensation. Will show you tomorrow when I collect it.Alas some things are not meant to be.However I am going to try to find out who bought them and hunt them down...Two pounds!!!

2 comments:

Sophie - Chez Sophie said...

Oh no, such a shame. I hope you find some more. Can't wait to see the chair, I have often thought I would like to go to an aucton.
Luv Sophie xxx

Sophie - Chez Sophie said...

Oh no, such a shame. I hope you find some more. Can't wait to see the chair, I have often thought I would like to go to an aucton.
Luv Sophie xxx