Thursday, October 21, 2010

1943...

This is the calm before the storm.Jan and Jen watching the parade from thr tea room.

My Mum's famous tea cosy available in the shop...love those colours or perhaps you prefer.... this one...

Me and Jules looking like Hinge and Brackett feeling  very chilled...
Jules on standby ready with the cakes.I think she suits the 1940's look.SOme of the outfits worn by the ladies are stunning.You really need a 16" waist to be able to get in to some of the dresses.But it was such an elegant era and manners were so much better.
Two happy customers...
Look who popped in to see us...Hen and Munchkin looking verymuch the part....
No Anne you cannot sit on that sofa....not until you've made a million cups of tea and coffee and slavishly buttered a hundred crumpets.....I haven't any photos of how busy it was, as I was too busy to take any but it was a huge success and we must have washed up all my tea sets about fifty times over the weekend.
These pictures give you an idea of how busy the town was.It really is the most wonderful weekend and if you have never been, you really should add it to the list,
Post work sherry....Jules is still smiling...yes Anne now you can lie on the sofa...
Thanks to everyone who supported us.See you next year...
Anne,Jules,Jen,Jan and Dawn xxxxx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures and scrumptious looking treats! xoxoxo www.1942charm.blogspot.com

Jenny at Red House said...

Looks like a whole loada fun Anne!thank heavens for half term,eh? jennyx

Diane said...

Fantastic - really atmospheric! I love your photos. xxxx

Jennie said...

I wish I'd taken a picture now when I popped in to show how busy you were! I nearly did but thought you might think I was a bit strange lol. It looked like a lot of fun even if it was hard work. The best place to stop for tea and cake I think xxx

Jules said...

Hinge and Bracket??? I am deeply offended and may never speak to you again! Well, I suppose I'll have to since you are my sister x

MelMel said...

Hello there, gosh what a super post, I popped over from Hens, I'm planning to come to your shop ASAP!
It looks right up my street.....love the 1940's look.....Melx

The Vintage Bazaar said...

It looks like a fantastic event, might just get there one of these days! Lizzie