Friday, May 8, 2009

Addiction


I have thoroughly enjoyed watching Kirsty's Homemade home on Thursday nights and I think that the wealth of talent sloshing around is amazing. It's so interesting and humbling to watch so many talented people who are passionate about their craft. However I did shriek out loud when Kirsty was standing in the antique shop buying that beautiful quilt and she said ' For some people it's shoes.for others it's handbags, but for me it's antique tablecloths and linens. They are my drugs'. They are my drugs too, along with pretty china tea sets,cakestands and tea cosies and eiderdowns and crocheted throws .....I hadn't actually realised the true level of my addiction until I did a head count today and I am the proud and embarrassed owner of 39 embroidered linen tablecloths, 28 traycloths and 45 crocheted doylies. I am always buying them with the intention of chopping them up or dyeing them then I can't bring myself to wreck precious handiwork which may have taken hours to complete So I will probably have to open a tea room any day now!

No comments: