Monday, March 28, 2011

Crochet workshop...Happy hookers.....



We had a lovely afternoon on Sunday when Jules and I  held our first crochet workshop.Yes you can use a book or watch a video on U-tube but how much nicer to sit around a table with lots of lovely people and share ideas and learn new skills with help and support and have a lovely afternoon tea.
Here you can see,Sally,Helen,Rose,Hilary,Sue and Lindsey learning to crochet.They went away very proficient and happy and thoroughly enjoyed their achievements.
Concentration......can't talk....three trebles, then a chain.....two on a corner....God, I hope I'm doing this right....

Coming up to a tricky bit ....got to get around this corner....i'm gritting my teeth but I'm smiling inside....Two granny squares- only twenty eight to go and then I will have a scarf.Three hundred and I'll have a bedspread....
                          Hey, Helen great wrist action....... you are hooking.....Thanks, Rose...
                                             Watch this space for more  workshops
                                                                            Anne x

9 comments:

Jules said...

You could have warned me you were taking a picture! Much prefer the second one - just my hands! So glad Helen is smiling at the end - thought there might be tears for a while there but she had a fab technique by the end.

Sophie - Chez Sophie said...

Oh how I wish I knew some people to have a crochet workshop with. I'm booked on a course in june at my local Wool bar for a crochet flower course but I don't know anyone else who can crochet.
Looks like soo much fun.
Luv Sophie xxx

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Looks like good fun! Love the tea cosy.
Liz

sylviesgarden said...

I would have loved to have been part of a group while I was learning. I still would. There is nothing like that round here. We don't even have a wool shop.
x

Maaike said...

Hi Anne, this workshop looks so cosy! Lovely surroundings as well...
Love, Maaike

lemonade kitty said...

Looks like you all had great fun, I bet there was as much talking, drinking tea and laughing as there was crocheting!! Lucey xx

Madelief said...

Hi Anne,

This is more much fun then watching a video on youtube indeed. I wish I could have joined you. I still have to learn how to make granny squares!

Happy evening & lieve groet,

Madelief

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Oh Oh I want to join in, what a fab way to spend some time...

quiltjude said...

What a fun time you all had, and I love your tea cosy. cheers from across the other side of the world Jude from Tasmnaia