Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Seven things you don't know about me...

What a lovely surprise. The lovely Emma of Sylvie's garden has passed on the Stylish blogger award  and I now have to reveal seven things you didn't know about me.So thank you Emma and I am now racking my brains......

I have a french degree and spent a year living in France near Nantes, teaching English.My mentor Gurlois used to ride to school on his horse...

My eyesight is terrible but I do wear my glasses sometimes but am too squeamish to try contact lenses as I hate anything in my eyes....
Tea is my favourite drink and the first cup of the day is always the best.I prefer to drink tea from bone china and have a daily cappucino in an earthernware mug......

I love old books and collect vintage school books.The earliest is a mental maths book from 1905.I have hymn books,learn to read books and many old children's books.....

I am terrified of rats due to a close encounter with one when I was about ten and had gone outside to the coal bunker to fill the coal bucket when this huge rat slithered over my foot and I remember the sensation of it's tail as it passed over and I still feel sick. It was like something out of a James Herbert novel.

I collect quilts and eiderdowns and have far too many but I love them so much it's an addiction.

I love Brazil nuts especially as they are covered in chocolate.....
Anne x

3 comments:

sylviesgarden said...

Anne, I loved reading your post. I have the same problem with contact lenses as you. My eyesight is truly terrible and whilst I hate wearing glasses there is no way that I could put something in my eyes.
Thank you so much for taking part.
x

Mac n' Janet said...

You'd love contacts, they don't feel like anything in your eye and I'm squeamish as all get out about my eyes.

Pearl said...

Beautiful post!
I love the vintage books!


Pearl